HWI has partnered for years with PhD programs in our region and beyond and helped students enter graduate programs following their undergraduate career. This includes positions at Harvard University, UCLA, and St. Jude’s Women and Children’s Hospital to name but a few. For general information about program opportunities contact William Bauer, PhD at email@example.com.
Previous graduate students and their research at the Institute
- Dr. Bradley R. Miller, May 6th, 2016. Structural and Functional Characterization of Modular Nonribosomal Peptide Synthetases and MbtH-Like Proteins.
- Dr. Benjamin J. Orlando, March 23rd, 2016. Structural and biophysical analysis of the allosteric mechanisms regulating substrate oxygenation in the cyclooxygenase-2 dimer.
- Dr. Paul M. Seidler, August 14th, 2014. Structural and biochemical studies of the hsp90 chaperone proteins.
- Dr. Carter A. Mitchell, August 7th, 2013. Structural, functional, and computational insights into the ANL superfamily of enzymes.
- Dr. Jesse A. Sundlov, April 26th, 2013. Structural insights into the domain interactions and conformational changes of the non-ribosomal peptide synthetases and firefly luciferase.
- Dr. Thomas Grant, January 2013. Understanding the structure of Eukaryotic Glutaminyl tRNA synthetase: Combining X-ray crystallography with statistical evaluations of small angle scattering data.
- Dr. Kristin A. Sutton, January 9th 2013, Insights into the mechanism of X-ray induced structural perturbation of macromolecules.
- Dr. Kevin A. Maharaj, September 1st, 2012. Structural and functional characterization of the HSP90 molecular chaperone family.
- Dr. Alex J. Vecchio, September 1st, 2011. Biochemical and structural characterization of substrate binding to cyclooxygenase-2. Insights and inhibition.
- Dr. William J. Bauer, September 1st, 2008. Molecular mechanisms of conformational specificity: A study of Hox in vivo target DNA binding specificities and the structure of a Ure2p mutation that affects fibril formation rates.
- Dr. Albert S. Regar, August 4th, 2008. Understanding the Non-Ribosomal Peptide Synthetase (NRPS) System through Structural and Functional Studies of the Adenylate-Forming Family of Enzymes.
- Dr. Danielle Simmons. May 1st, 2008. Structural elucidation of cyclooxygenase enzymes provides insight into the specific stereochemistry of the cyclooxygenase reaction mechanism along with the formation of 15R cyclooxygenase products.
- Rick L. Roberts, July 9th, 2015. Structural and bioinformatics analysis of ethylmalonyl-CoA decarboxylase.
- Amanda Ruby, May 8th, 2015. A computational study of crystallization data: Application and potential prediction.
- Ritwik Nandagiri, July 30th, 2014. Homology modeling and biochemical characterization of substrate binding to cyclooxygenase – peroxidase superfamily members Aspergillus fumigatus 5,8-linoleate diol synthase and Gracilaria vermiculophylla cyclooxygenase.
- Kimberly Brucz, June 1st, 2005. HIF Prolyl 4-Hydroxylase (PHD) activity and structure analysis: Blueprints for development of specific substrate inhibitors.