HWI has partnered for years with PhD programs in our region and beyond and helped students enter graduate programs following their undergraduate career. This includes positions at Harvard University, UCLA, and St. Jude’s Women and Children’s Hospital to name but a few. For general information about program opportunities contact William Bauer, PhD at email@example.com.
- Dr. Jack Huck, October 1, 2019, Studies on the Structure, FUnction, and Selective Inhibition of the Hsp90 Family of Molecular Chaperones.
- Dr. Daniel Bailey, June 8, 2018, Structure, Function, and Inhibition of Aerobactin Biosynthesis from Hypervirulent Klebsiella pneumoniae.
- Dr. Bradley R. Miller, May 6, 2016, Structural and Functional Characterization of Modular Nonribosomal Peptide Synthetases and MbtH-Like Proteins.
- Dr. Michael Lucido, June 1, 2015, The Inhibition of Cyclooxygenase by Nonspecific Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs: Probing the differential effect of aspirin on COX-2.
- Dr. Benjamin J. Orlando, March 23, 2016. Structural and biophysical analysis of the allosteric mechanisms regulating substrate oxygenation in the cyclooxygenase-2 dimer.
- Dr. Paul M. Seidler, August 14, 2014. Structural and biochemical studies of the hsp90 chaperone proteins.
- Dr. Carter A. Mitchell, August 7, 2013. Structural, functional, and computational insights into the ANL superfamily of enzymes.
- Dr. Jesse A. Sundlov, April 26, 2013. Structural insights into the domain interactions and conformational changes of the non-ribosomal peptide synthetases and firefly luciferase.
- Dr. Thomas Grant, January 2013. Understanding the structure of Eukaryotic Glutaminyl tRNA synthetase: Combining X-ray crystallography with statistical evaluations of small angle scattering data.
- Dr. Kristin A. Sutton, January 9, 2013, Insights into the mechanism of X-ray induced structural perturbation of macromolecules.
- Dr. Kevin A. Maharaj, September 1, 2012. Structural and functional characterization of the HSP90 molecular chaperone family.
- Dr. Alex J. Vecchio, September 1, 2011. Biochemical and structural characterization of substrate binding to cyclooxygenase-2. Insights and inhibition.
- Dr. Robert P. Huether, April 25, 2011. Structural and bioinformatic studies of the short chain oxidoreductase enzyme family.
- Dr. Zachary L. Miknis, August 7, 2009. Analysis of protein-protein and protein -RNA interactions by severe acute respiratory syndrome nonstructural proteins and human karyopherin alpha 2.
- Dr. William J. Bauer, September 1, 2008. Molecular mechanisms of conformational specificity: A study of Hox in vivo target DNA binding specificities and the structure of a Ure2p mutation that affects fibril formation rates.
- Dr. Albert S. Regar, August 4, 2008. Understanding the Non-Ribosomal Peptide Synthetase (NRPS) System through Structural and Functional Studies of the Adenylate-Forming Family of Enzymes.
- Dr. Danielle Simmons. May 1, 2008. Structural elucidation of cyclooxygenase enzymes provides insight into the specific stereochemistry of the cyclooxygenase reaction mechanism along with the formation of 15R cyclooxygenase products.
- Dr. David M. Parish. April 11, 2008. Development and application of methodology for rapid NMR data collection and protein structure determination.
- Rick L. Roberts, July 9, 2015. Structural and bioinformatics analysis of ethylmalonyl-CoA decarboxylase.
- Amanda Ruby, May 8, 2015. A computational study of crystallization data: Application and potential prediction.
- Ritwik Nandagiri, July 30, 2014. Homology modeling and biochemical characterization of substrate binding to cyclooxygenase – peroxidase superfamily members Aspergillus fumigatus 5,8-linoleate diol synthase and Gracilaria vermiculophylla cyclooxygenase.
- Kimberly Brucz, June 1, 2005. HIF Prolyl 4-Hydroxylase (PHD) activity and structure analysis: Blueprints for development of specific substrate inhibitors.