This is a great opportunity for a proven sales achiever to join the HWI Structural Solutions team. The Sales Manager will help design and implement the strategies and related operational actions for the profitable development of HWI’s Contract Services Business. This individual will be responsible for growing a robust industrial user base for the Institute’s cryo-electron microscopy (Cryo-EM) center, crystallization center, and crystallography services.
- Generate commercial sales from pharmaceutical and biotech companies
- Find and attract new client relationships and partnerships
- Help manage and grow existing accounts and partners
- Work with scientific staff to develop value-driven offerings
- Assist in maintaining a customer relationship management database
- Work with scientific staff to develop and promote value-driven offerings
- Help maintain a robust web presence
- Report on sales forecast and project expected sales volume and income
- Strong technical sales experience
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Good collaboration skills with the team delivering the services
- Project management experience
- Enthusiastic mind for technology
- Knowledge and experience of structural biology and Cryo-EM applications and the community
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- An open mind and ability to work independently
- Rigorous and accurate record-keeping
- Proven success in sales and marketing to pharmaceutical and biotech companies
- Strong network within biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies
- Comprehension of selling structural services and after-sales customer relations
- Strong communicator with end-users and distributors to build business relationships
- Experience in developing and maintaining operating budgets and effective sales strategies
- Prior experience in structural biology or an applicable scientific field is desirable
- Domestic travel availability
The Institute has a generous benefits package including fully covered health insurance, life insurance, and parking. In addition, we offer affordable vision and dental plans as well as flexible spending and dependent care accounts. The Institute offers a retirement plan.
About HWI and Buffalo, NY:
HWI has celebrated more than 60 years as an independent research institute and is continually growing. Located in Buffalo, New York, HWI is at the heart of the growing Buffalo Niagara Medical Campus and partners with the University at Buffalo, Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Rochester, and numerous others. It also has links to industry and operates the IMCA-CAT beamline at the Advanced Photon Source outside of Chicago.
Buffalo offers a vast array of community organizations that add to the richness of the area and also offer people many opportunities to grow and contribute. Housing is one of the most affordable in the United States.
HWI is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all employees. The Hauptman-Woodward Medical Research Institute, Inc. (HWI) as an equal opportunity employer, extends employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on a non-discriminatory basis without regard to race, color, sex, creed, age, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition, carrier status, or disability that would prevent the performance of the essential requirements of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation in compliance with the appropriate New York State and Federal laws, or any other legally protected characteristics. This policy applies to all conditions and terms of employment.
To apply, please send in a combined pdf file a copy of your CV detailing previous working experiences and research achievements, a one-page statement about your interest in the position and your plan in career development, and names and contact information of references by email to Dr. Edward Snell, or by mail to: 700 Ellicott Street, Buffalo, NY 14203, USA.