Our Expertise – Your Results
The High-Throughput Crystallization Screening Center performs crystal-growth screening experiments in 1,536-well microassay plates for both soluble and membrane biological macromolecules. You send the sample, we do the rest.
- Some 1,536 different chemical conditions are sampled representing many of the commercially available crystallization screens. Each condition is imaged visually over a period of six weeks. Second Order Non-linear Imaging of Chiral Crystals (SONICC) and UV Two Photon Emitted Fluorescence (UV-TPEF) imaging of crystallization screening also take place to identify biological crystals not picked up visually or those obscured by precipitate.
- Color images, and SONICC and UV-TPEF images are integrated with the analysis software provided as part of the service. Lead crystallization conditions can be identified and the complete set of results used to analyze the samples solubility phase diagram.
From February 2000, the laboratory has been used to set up over 24 million crystallization experiments on >16,000 biological macromolecules. Over 1,000 laboratories worldwide have used and benefited from the service.
Upcoming Screening Run Dates and Deadlines
November 2017 (updated 11/01/2017)
- Reservation Deadline: Friday, November 3rd
- Package Acceptance: November 7th – November 9th
- Plate Setup: November 7th – November 9th
- Reservation Deadline: Friday, November 10th
- Package Acceptance: November 14th – 22nd
- Plate Setup: November 14th – 16th and November 20th – 22nd
Please note all samples need to arrive by Wednesday, Nov 22nd. The institute will be closed on Thursday and Friday, Nov 23rd and 24th.
Click ‘Get a Crystal‘ for details.
This service is for academic and other not-for-profit users only. Our commercial users go through ‘the structure people‘, our friends at HarkerBIO (www.harkerbio.com).