High-Throughput Crystallization Screening Center
Our Expertise – Your Results
The High-Throughput Crystallization Screening Center performs crystal-growth screening experiments in 1,536-well microassay plates for both soluble and membrane biological macromolecules. You send the sample, we do the rest.
June and July 2019 (updated 6/24/2019)
June 2019 Standard Soluble Screen
- Reservation Deadline: Friday June 14th
- Package Acceptance: Tues June 18th – Thurs June 27th
- Plate Setup:
- Tues June 18th – Thurs June 20th
- Mon June 24th – Thurs June 27th
July 2019 Standard Soluble Screen
- Reservation Deadline: Thursday July 11th
- Package Acceptance: Wed July 17th – Thurs July 25th
- Plate Setup:
- Wed July 17th – Thurs July 18th
- Mon July 22ndth – Thurs July 25th
- There is no membrane screen scheduled for July 2019.
- Reservation date for July soluble screen is a Thursday, and we will begin accepting samples on the following Wednesday.
- We do not set up samples for screening on Fridays.
Click ‘Get a Crystal‘ for details.
From February 2000, the laboratory has been used to set up over 24 million crystallization experiments on >16,000 biological macromolecules. Over 1,000 laboratories worldwide have used and benefited from the service.
In the Literature!
- At the HTCSC 1,536 different chemical conditions are sampled representing many of the commercially available crystallization screens. Each condition is imaged visually over a period of six weeks. Second Order Non-linear Imaging of Chiral Crystals (SONICC) and UV Two Photon Emitted Fluorescence (UV-TPEF) imaging of crystallization screening also take place to identify biological crystals not picked up visually or those obscured by precipitate.
- Color images, and SONICC and UV-TPEF images are integrated with the analysis software provided as part of the service. Lead crystallization conditions can be identified and the complete set of results used to analyze the samples solubility phase diagram.
- Current list of crystallization cocktails.
HTCSC Policies and User Fees
New at HWI HTCSC!
New submission form!
Starting in May 2018 we will have a new online submission form.
- The new online forms are now available!
- To make a reservation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by the reservation deadline (see above for current dates) to reserve a space in the queue. Include the following information in your reservation email:
- User name and contact information
- PI/Institution name and contact information
- Number of samples you will be sending, as well as approximate date you will be shipping the sample(s)
You will receive an email confirmation from us for your reservation. Once your sample is ready to ship, please fill out the online submission form including payment information.