High-Throughput Crystallization Screening Center
Our Expertise – Your Results
The High-Throughput Crystallization Screening Center performs crystal-growth screening experiments in 1,536-well microassay plates for both soluble and membrane biological macromolecules. You send the sample, we do the rest.
February 2019 (updated 01/24/2019)
February 2019 Standard Screen
- Reservation Deadline: Friday Feb 1st
- Package Acceptance: Tues Feb 5th – Thurs Feb 14th
- Plate Setup:
- Tues Feb 5th – Thurs Feb 7th
- Mon Feb 11th – Thurs Feb 14th
Please note we do not set up samples for screening on Fridays
Click ‘Get a Crystal‘ for details.
From February 2000, the laboratory has been used to set up over 24 million crystallization experiments on >16,000 biological macromolecules. Over 1,000 laboratories worldwide have used and benefited from the service.
- At the HTCSC 1,536 different chemical conditions are sampled representing many of the commercially available crystallization screens. Each condition is imaged visually over a period of six weeks. Second Order Non-linear Imaging of Chiral Crystals (SONICC) and UV Two Photon Emitted Fluorescence (UV-TPEF) imaging of crystallization screening also take place to identify biological crystals not picked up visually or those obscured by precipitate.
- Color images, and SONICC and UV-TPEF images are integrated with the analysis software provided as part of the service. Lead crystallization conditions can be identified and the complete set of results used to analyze the samples solubility phase diagram.
- Current list of crystallization cocktails.
In the Literature!
New at HWI HTCSC!
New submission form!
Starting in May 2018 we will have a new online submission form.
- The new online forms are now available!
- To make a reservation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by the reservation deadline (see above for current dates) to reserve a space in the queue. Include the following information in your reservation email:
- User name and contact information
- PI/Institution name and contact information
- Number of samples you will be sending, as well as approximate date you will be shipping the sample(s)
You will receive an email confirmation from us for your reservation. Once your sample is ready to ship, please fill out the online submission form including payment information.