High-Throughput Crystallization Screening Center
Our Expertise – Your Results
The High-Throughput Crystallization Screening Center performs crystal-growth screening experiments in 1,536-well microassay plates for both soluble and membrane biological macromolecules. You send the sample, we do the rest.
September 2019 (updated 08/27/2019)
September 2019 Standard Soluble Screen
- Reservation Deadline: Friday, September 13th
- Package Acceptance: Tues Sept 17th – Thurs Sept 26th
- Plate Setup:
- Tues Sept 17th – Thurs Sept 19th
- Mon Sept 23th – Thurs Sept 26th
We do not set up samples for screening on Fridays.
There is no membrane screen scheduled for September.
Click ‘Get a Crystal‘ for details.
From February 2000, the laboratory has been used to set up over 24 million crystallization experiments on >16,000 biological macromolecules. Over 1,000 laboratories worldwide have used and benefited from the service.
In the Literature!
- At the HTCSC 1,536 different chemical conditions are sampled representing many of the commercially available crystallization screens. Each condition is imaged visually over a period of six weeks. Second Order Non-linear Imaging of Chiral Crystals (SONICC) and UV Two Photon Emitted Fluorescence (UV-TPEF) imaging of crystallization screening also take place to identify biological crystals not picked up visually or those obscured by precipitate.
- Color images, and SONICC and UV-TPEF images are integrated with the analysis software provided as part of the service. Lead crystallization conditions can be identified and the complete set of results used to analyze the samples solubility phase diagram.
- Current list of crystallization cocktails.
HTCSC Policies and User Fees
New at HWI HTCSC!
Accessing your images via the ftp server.
- Because of recent changes for both Mac and Windows OS, we recommend using FileZilla to access and transfer images from the ftp server, as it works across platforms.
- For more details: Analyze Your Results
Dr. Bowman, Dr. Aina Cohen and Dr. Jeney Wierman are organizing a workshop for the SSRL/LCLS 2019 Users’ Meeting on Metals in Structural Biology!
Online submission form
In May 2018 we started using an online submission form.
- To make a reservation, please email email@example.com by the reservation deadline (see above for current dates) to reserve a space in the queue. Include the following information in your reservation email:
- User name and contact information
- PI/Institution name and contact information
- Number of samples you will be sending, as well as approximate date you will be shipping the sample(s)
- You will receive an email confirmation from us for your reservation. Once your sample is ready to ship, please fill out the online submission form including payment information.