High-Throughput Crystallization Screening Center
Our Expertise – Your Results
The High-Throughput Crystallization Screening Center performs crystal-growth screening experiments in 1,536-well microassay plates for both soluble and membrane biological macromolecules. You send the sample, we do the rest.
Upcoming Screening Run Dates and Deadlines
July and August 2018 (updated 07/03/2018)
July Membrane Screen (Note: We will not be scheduling a Membrane Protein Screening Run for August)
- Reservation Deadline: Friday, July 6th
- Package Acceptance: Tues July 10th – Thurs July 12th
- Plate Setup: Tues July 10th – Thurs July 12th
July Standard Screen
- Reservation Deadline: Friday, July 14th
- Package Acceptance: Tues July 17th – Thurs July 26th
- Plate Setup: Tues July 17th – Thurs July 19th and Tues July 24th – Thurs July 26th
August Standard Screen
In the Literature!
- At the HTCSC 1,536 different chemical conditions are sampled representing many of the commercially available crystallization screens. Each condition is imaged visually over a period of six weeks. Second Order Non-linear Imaging of Chiral Crystals (SONICC) and UV Two Photon Emitted Fluorescence (UV-TPEF) imaging of crystallization screening also take place to identify biological crystals not picked up visually or those obscured by precipitate.
- Color images, and SONICC and UV-TPEF images are integrated with the analysis software provided as part of the service. Lead crystallization conditions can be identified and the complete set of results used to analyze the samples solubility phase diagram.
- Current list of crystallization cocktails.
HTCSC Policies and User Fees
This service is for academic and other not-for-profit users only. Our commercial users go through ‘the structure people‘, our friends at HarkerBIO (www.harkerbio.com).
New at HWI HTCSC!
New submission form!
Starting in May 2018 we will have a new online submission form.
- The new online forms are now available!
- To make a reservation, please email email@example.com by the reservation deadline (see above for current dates) to reserve a space in the queue. Include the following information in your reservation email:
- User name and contact information
- PI/Institution name and contact information
- Number of samples you will be sending, as well as approximate date you will be shipping the sample(s)
You will receive an email confirmation from us for your reservation. Once your sample is ready to ship, please fill out the online submission form including payment information.
Subscription program and price changes
- Beginning May 2018 there will be a nominal increase for an individual 1,536 crystallization screen to $400 (from $375) to account for increased costs
- We are offering a trial subscription service for May – October 2018!
- 5 crystallization screening experiments for $1900
- Trial subscription for 5 screen is pre-paid for the 6-month period between May – October 2018
- Any additional crystallization screening experiments (past 5) will cost subscribers $370 per screen
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details, with questions or to set up a subscription