High-Throughput Crystallization Screening Center
Our Expertise – Your Results
The High-Throughput Crystallization Screening Center performs crystal-growth screening experiments in 1,536-well microassay plates for both soluble and membrane biological macromolecules. You send the sample, we do the rest.
New at HWI HTCSC!
New submission form!
Starting in May 2018 we will have a new online submission form.
- The new online forms are now available!
- To make a reservation, please email email@example.com by the reservation deadline (see below for current dates) to reserve a space in the queue. Include the following information in your reservation email:
- User name and contact information
- PI/Institution name and contact information
- Number of samples you will be sending, as well as approximate date you will be shipping the sample(s)
You will receive an email confirmation from us for your reservation. Once your sample is ready to ship, please fill out the online submission form including payment information.
Subscription program and price changes
- Beginning May 2018 there will be a nominal increase for an individual 1,536 crystallization screen to $400 (from $375) to account for increased costs
- We are offering a trial subscription service for May – October 2018!
- 5 crystallization screening experiments for $1900
- Trial subscription for 5 screen is pre-paid for the 6-month period between May – October 2018
- Any additional crystallization screening experiments (past 5) will cost subscribers $370 per screen
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details, with questions or to set up a subscription
Upcoming Screening Run Dates and Deadlines
May and June 2018 (updated 05/25/2018)
May Standard Screen
- Reservation Deadline: Friday, May 18th
- Package Acceptance: Tues May 22nd – Thurs May 31st (note HWI will be closed Mon, May 28th)
- Plate Setup: May 22nd – 24th and May 29th – May 31st
June Membrane Screen
- Reservation Deadline: Friday, June 8th
- Package Acceptance: Tuesday June 12th – Thursday June 14th
- Plate Setup: Tuesday June 12th – Thursday June 14th
Click ‘Get a Crystal‘ for details. Staff and Support From February 2000, the laboratory has been used to set up over 24 million crystallization experiments on >16,000 biological macromolecules. Over 1,000 laboratories worldwide have used and benefited from the service.
In the Literature!
- At the HTCSC 1,536 different chemical conditions are sampled representing many of the commercially available crystallization screens. Each condition is imaged visually over a period of six weeks. Second Order Non-linear Imaging of Chiral Crystals (SONICC) and UV Two Photon Emitted Fluorescence (UV-TPEF) imaging of crystallization screening also take place to identify biological crystals not picked up visually or those obscured by precipitate.
- Color images, and SONICC and UV-TPEF images are integrated with the analysis software provided as part of the service. Lead crystallization conditions can be identified and the complete set of results used to analyze the samples solubility phase diagram.
- Current list of crystallization cocktails.
HTCSC Policies and User Fees
This service is for academic and other not-for-profit users only. Our commercial users go through ‘the structure people‘, our friends at HarkerBIO (www.harkerbio.com).