High-Throughput Crystallization Screening Center
Our Expertise – Your Results
The High-Throughput Crystallization Screening Center performs crystal-growth screening experiments in 1,536-well microassay plates for both soluble and membrane biological macromolecules. You send the sample, we do the rest.
New at HWI HTCSC!
New submission form!
Starting in May 2018 we will have a new online submission form.
- For April 2018 please continue to use the current order and submission paper forms.
- The new online forms will be available in late April/early May!
Subscription program and price changes
- Beginning May 2018 there will be a nominal increase for an individual 1,536 crystallization screen to $400 (from $375) to account for increased costs
- We are offering a trial subscription service for May – October 2018!
- 5 crystallization screening experiments for $1900
- Trial subscription for 5 screen is pre-paid for the 6-month period between May – October 2018
- Any additional crystallization screening experiments (past 5) will cost subscribers $370 per screen
- Please contact email@example.com for details, with questions or to set up a subscription
Upcoming Screening Run Dates and Deadlines
April 2018 (updated 03/23/2018)
- Reservation Deadline: Friday, April 6th
- Package Acceptance: April 10th – April 12th
- Plate Setup: April 10th – April 12th
- Reservation Deadline: Friday, April 13th
- Package Acceptance: April 17th – 26th
- Plate Setup: April 17th – 19th and April 23rd – 26th
Click ‘Get a Crystal‘ for details. Staff and Support From February 2000, the laboratory has been used to set up over 24 million crystallization experiments on >16,000 biological macromolecules. Over 1,000 laboratories worldwide have used and benefited from the service.
- At the HTCSC 1,536 different chemical conditions are sampled representing many of the commercially available crystallization screens. Each condition is imaged visually over a period of six weeks. Second Order Non-linear Imaging of Chiral Crystals (SONICC) and UV Two Photon Emitted Fluorescence (UV-TPEF) imaging of crystallization screening also take place to identify biological crystals not picked up visually or those obscured by precipitate.
- Color images, and SONICC and UV-TPEF images are integrated with the analysis software provided as part of the service. Lead crystallization conditions can be identified and the complete set of results used to analyze the samples solubility phase diagram.
- Current list of crystallization cocktails.
HTCSC Policies and User Fees